Friday, August 15, 2014

Double Seed Stitch Throw

This is probably the most time consuming project I've done.  This Throw size blanket will take almost 2000 yards of yarn that equals 20 skeins of Wool-Ease Thick  Quick yarn.  I got the yarn 50% off with a coupon at Joann Fabric so kept cost about $80.






The pattern was free at 'The Purl Bee', here is the link.

http://www.purlbee.com/2013/01/27/double-seed-stitch-blanket/

I would just do the Crib size for a couch throw if I did this again because I don't think it needs to be so big.  

I might make a pillow cover to match.  I found knitted throws at The Pottery Barn that were smaller and not as nice for $129.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nancy! What color Thick & Quick is this? I've been looking to make a seed-stitch blanket/throw just like this one. Is this Oatmeal or Fisherman?

    ReplyDelete