Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nap Mat

I was looking for something for my three grandchildren who are toddlers and a preschooler, to nap on the floor. I was surprised at how expensive the really cute ones were so I decided to make my own. I decided to make them about 24 X 60 and divided them into three 20 inch sections with the end one stuff more for a pillow. I bought two yards of fleece that was wide enough to fold in half.
I also bought "extra loft" batting. This is how I did it. I folded the fleece in half and cut it 25 X 61 so I'd have a 1/2 inch seam. I made two lines marking the three 20 inch sections. Then I layered the batting inside the fleece and pinned it like a quilt.
I made two 24 inch ties folded in half, to put and the head of my mat so I can roll it up and tie it. (Make it longer if you want a bow.) I next pinned the seams and top stitched using my walking foot,
about 1/4 inch all around the mat. Then I sewed my two seams on top marking the 20 inch sections. I think it turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment